11/12/07

Rainy days & Mondays always get me down.

My grandma who was 89 passed away on October 29. While her passing was really sad, she lead an amazing life and she left this world probably the best way possible - by falling asleep in her favorite chair watching Jeopardy. The whole family headed out to Colorado for the services. It was good to see family and old friends. I even made it to the Boulder park for a good old Sunday afternoon session.


Hanging with these 2 was just like old times. Thanks for showing me a good time Chris & Amanda.


Diesel is an awesome, huge lap dog.







Brody ate a pizza bite right out of my hand when I wasn't paying attention.


The good old Flatirons.


Me, Grandpa, and Hilary.


This is my grandparent's wedding photo. They would have been married 60 years in April.


My Grandma's high school graduation picture. In a trunk of her papers we found her Masters Degree from Columbia. She did her undergrad in Boulder with a major in Home Economics.


My grandparents have been in the same house for over 30 years. It's filled with all these artifacts that are synonymous with my childhood.




From the service.


Like many from her generation grandma was in WWII. She was a medic and spent several years in India. This earned her a spot in Ft. Logan National Cemetery. And along with it came a full military burial.


When Taps played I think everyone was crying.





At DIA about to head back to Portland.

No comments: