9/22/08

This is so much better than TV

I guess I've been lagging on the photo taking. Seems like the posts have been rather slim as of late. Must mean that my shutter finger needs some exercise. Although I did drop of 4 rolls of both black and white and 120 color on Saturday. Must mean I'm not lagging too much. So I'll just post some filler to make up for it! Wait this stuff is better than filler. This is classic.


I have this photo saved on a CD somewhere. But Bacon just sent it to me in a random email. In 1999 I spent almost a month couch surfing at my good friend Tom Gilmour's apartment in Red Bank, NJ. Bacon came out for 4 days while I was there. It was good times all around. Many stories from that trip.


Having friends that rip at the skateboard riding make for easy photo taking. I've got a good amount of rad shots of Pat. He used one of the them for the new Coda ad in Lowcard. If Rob is into it there might be more of my photos gracing the pages of that prestigious journal of skateboarding.



Every year in September thousands upon thousands of Vaux Swifts migrate through Portland. They all roost in this one chimney at an elementary school in NW Portland. It's an amazing sight. It also brings out every walk of life in Portland. The kind of people that make me hate Priuses and "keep Portland weird" bumper stickers.
But homemade sandwiches and beers in the park while watching these birds cruise around is one of the best things about fall coming. All those dots in the picture below are birds.


This is from some Friday night lurking. On a completely-blowing-it-note related to Brandon's shirt: A theater here played Shogun's Assassin on Saturday night and I missed it.


MJ pins on Andrew's hat.


Saturday was spent working on the ramp. The 1/4 inch layer the guys put on a few weeks ago was ruined after one rain storm. So I took the initiative to fix it up. I neglected to take any pictures before or during the progress (mostly due to working my ass off). I thought about doing a time lapse but my camera can't do those. So all you get is this picture of Billy welding the coping. You'll get more when the weather is nice again.


Dudebarn party followed all that ramp fixing for Pat's GO AWAY party.
Jeremy's bike.


Pure class at the dudebarn. Empty plastic bottle of cheap Canadian whiskey in the dirty tub.


Kara is going with Pat to NYC. Kara's brothers were hanging out for a little bit. We showed them how to thumbgun. Ahhh, corrupting the youth.
Good luck with all the snow and freezing fucking cold in NYC. I'll take the rain, thanks.

No comments: